Hi symi56. To answer your question in one word i would say BOTH. One maybe alright but both is better. I had a lawyer along with specialist reports plus own doctor. The more the merrier. Every time we have a win it does indeed prove "why do they put us through it"? Because many others who don't know about welfare rights and forums and who trust Satan link lose out by being bluffed with lies and other crimes committed by the Demons staff.
Thanks for info , Nomadic. Basic Rights wont represent me , as my chances of success, are not good. Lawyer from Basic Rights also said even tho , im appealing ARO decision, not to grant Indefinite Portability, The AAT , can review, my DSP, and cancel my DSP. How does Clink get away with the lies they tell us ?
I wish someone would tell the Job Capacity Assessors how to assess impairment... my impairment was rated lower than either my GP or specialist rated based on questions I wasnt even asked Ho hum, off to the AAT I go
In the last 5 years , my 3 JCA , were done by Occupational Therapist , Sports Medecine Person and a Nurse. Maybe JCA , should be by a Doctor, who could apply the tables , points and descriptor, more correctly.
Instaed of Centrelink wasting money and time on Government Medical Assesments by GPs, who only confirm medical conditions , by our specialists, and GP.
Are the latest Impairment Tables the one indicated in this thread around Page 5-6? I have a copy but it is different and even has a category for Chronic Pain, Chronic Fatigue (20 - Misc Section) where the ones in here dont. Problem is i cant remember where i got it so i dont know if it is the latest version.
"Tough love" is just the right phrase: love for the rich and privileged, tough for everyone else. Chomsky ..................................................................................................................................................................................... Usually, terrible things that are done with the excuse that progress requires them are not really progress at all, but just terrible things.
G'day snooks, the top link is to 1.1.I.10 Impairment Tables (DSP), last reviewed 7 November 2016. Clicking on the Policy Reference 3.6.3 at the very bottom will take you to the guidelines for the current tables. Clicking on the bottom link will take you to the current tables, to enter click on header. It appears the tables themselves may not have changed since their introduction though I suspect the guidelines have; significantly! Cheers & merry christmas to all, bear.
Regarding my 90 odd page print out that i printed and have scutinized from back to front, I must be a damn idiot because i can now see its a guide to the Impairment table 1997. I really dont know how i missed that.... albeit it is in very fine, small writing.
Thank you for the updated links and All the best to you my friend, hope you and our loved ones have a great Christmas
I guess all i can do is try and minimize mistakes. I got a letter yesterday asking for more medical evidence regarding my DSP application. My GP (since 1989) went on holidays last Friday until Jan 9th, they want the info by Dec 28th. I spoke to them and explained it wont be available until approximately Jan 13th.
I dont know why they are asking for anything because the GP enclosed copies of all medical data and answered the questionaire that he had to compleat for my application. But just to be sure,
1. I will get him to do his stuff asap upon return. He has stated position is diagnosed, stable and permanent. IM confident he is awarding 20 points, though I have not asked him. But he knows the extent of the pain so im confident.... (and will remind him)
2. I got a report from a dietician today, stating that i am technically grossly obese. This is just for the record, rather than to help much. It simply states we have designed a suitable diet and eating plan to attack the issue and gain control over the coming years.
3. I have the Radiologist reports from the spinal blocks, cat scans and MRI etc.
4. I have the physio report coming asap. They cant do too much at the moment because i cant do what they want me to do it's too painful.He suggested last week speaking to Specialist Neurologist / Back Surgeon as physio wise he cant do much else. Im hoping his report is "helpful". I will be talking to him personally in the morning again and have info on the tables, how to rate the issue and specific wording etc, collected via the courtesy of this forum and the AAT Site. Funny enough the physio is Allied Health....will that help me given that they are the medical group that Centrelink use??
4. The Nepean Public Hospital Neurologist Clinic are waiting for me to send a Doctors Referral and then they will make an appointment for me, estimated waiting time is currently 4 - 16 months depening upon their investgation of urgency. This is through the hopital rather than me paying for a specialist.
As a "by side" - i really dont want back surgery and i will probably refuse on the grounds of being obese and my diabetic issues, the risks are too serious, especially since there are too many factors and variances for the cause of the pain. Given that my Dad had a failed back surgery that hurt him for many years. I have discussed this many times with my GP and he beleives I have the right and a solid basis for refusing to undertake it.
Its only been a few months but gheez this stuff really plays on your mind and you spend so much time thinking, fighting and working out tactics dont you? It shouldnt be like this.....it should be simply focusing on getting better and having enough money to know that you can eat next week My Newstart went down again this week to $478.00 per fortnight Not bad when i pay $440 a week rent and a payment plan of $70 a week to Origin Energy:(
I am still very worried that although I stoop a bit and limp a bit and i do walk slow, sort of shuffling, i dont look as bad as many people that i pass in the street. Thats great in most ways, but will it work against me with the Assesor? If i get ratings of 20 of the physio and say GP, surely the assesor really cannot argue with that??
Sorry for posting such a long thread in here and getting off track Banjo. I didnt realise until i started proof reading at the end.